The Gujarat Government has launched Gujarat Residential Solar Rooftop Yojana 2018-19 under solar power policy to promote use of green energy and reduce conventional energy. The scheme provide subsidy for installation and maintenance of solar panels. The state government has created a Solar Power Policy and wants to make sure that most of the residential houses, building switch to solar energy. In order to achieve this magnitude of capacity, Gujarat has been given the target of 8,024 MW Capacity of Solar Energy by 2021-22, out of which 3,200 MW is to be contributed by the rooftop segment. Gujarath Energy Development Agency (GEDA) will be implementing the scheme.
Solar Rooftop Yojana – Gujarat Objectives
- To promote use of solar energy
- To reduce pollution
- To save energy
Solar Rooftop Yojana – Gujarat Benefits
- 30% subsidy for installation of solar panels by government of India
- Upto Rs. 10,000/KW subsidy by the Gujarat government
- Reduced / zero electricity bill: Generated solar electricity will be adjusted against electricity provided by DISCOM
Eligibility / Who can apply for Solar Rooftop Subsidy?
- The solar system is installed within the premises of the service connection, either on the roof or on the ground.
- The solar system is of the ownership of the consumer.
- The premises of the solar installation is of the ownership of the consumer of the DISCOM or is in the legal possession of the consumer.
- Solar cells and solar modules deployed in the solar rooftop system shall be manufactured in India. i.e. Solar cells and/or Modules of Non-Indian Origin shall not be eligible for subsidy under this scheme.
- Only new plant and machinery shall be allowed for installation and shall not be shifted anywhere else.
Gujarat Solar Rooftop Yojana Application Form & How to apply?
- The application for the subsidy and installation of rooftop solar PV system can be done at the GEDA selected vendors only
- These vendors has application forms and the application can be done with them only
- Click Here for Authorised Solar Agency list to the find list of GEDA Empaneled Vendors for Solar Rooftop Project
- NOTE: The official list of approved vendors is always made available on the official website of GEDA. Always make sure that these vendors only can provide the government subsidy
- Fill in the form, provide other documents along with signatures
- Returns the duly filled form to the vendor
- Make sure that your make payment only for the subsidized amount and not full amount
- For maintenance of the solar installation the vendor and beneficiaries needs to make an agreement of the Rs. 50 stamp paper
Also Read : Village Maps of Gujarat
Required Documents For Solar Rooftop Yojana – Gujarat
- Solar system commissioning report singed by vendor, beneficiary and DISCOM officer
- Bill/certificate of payment from vendor for the rooftop solar system setup
- Setup more than 10KW: certificate for charging permission by CEI
- Setup less than 10KW: certificate of electrical supervisor or contractor
- Joint installation report which provides about the installation signed by beneficiary and empaneled vendor
NOTE: Vendor will provide most of these documents, you need to sign it. Vendor only need to submit it to the GEDA for getting subsidy. Applicant just need to fill in the form and provide signatures.