Gujarat solar policy 2020-21 pdf | Gujarat Solar Rooftop Yojana | Solar Rooftop Subsidy In Gujarat 2020-21
Gujarat Solar Rooftop Yojana This Scheme shall be called “SURYA-Gujarat” (Surya Urja Rooftop Yojana-Gujarat) with the following provisions: Target: The target for installations of solar rooftops shall be to cater to 2 lac consumers during the year 2019-20 and cumulatively 8 lac consumers by the end of the financial year 2021-22
Gujarat Solar Rooftop Yojana
In a major initiative, Govt.. of India, under the National Solar Mission has set a target of 1,00,000 MW power generation through solar energy in the country including 40,000 MW to be contributed through solar rooftops in various sectors.
In order to achieve this magnitude of capacity, Gujarat has been given the target of 8,024 MW Capacity of Solar Energy by 2021-22, out of which 3,200 MW is to be contributed by the rooftop segment.
Installation of Rooftop Solar Plants on a large scale is one of the best initiatives, as in such plants, there is no requirement of land. Energy is consumed where it is generated; there would be no element of transmission loss or wheeling loss and such plants would be in the interest of the public at large as well as State Utilities. Therefore, with a view of promoting large-scale rooftop solar systems on private residential roofs-terraces, the Government has introduced a subsidy scheme for solar rooftops in the residential sector.
This Scheme shall be called “SURYA-Gujarat” (Surya Urja Rooftop Yojana-Gujarat) with the following provisions:
Target: The target for installations of solar rooftops shall be to cater to 2 lac consumers during the year 2019-20 and cumulatively 8 lac consumers by the end of the financial year 2021-22.
State subsidy of 40% shall be available for solar rooftop systems up to 3 kW; and 20 % for solar rooftop systems beyond 3 kW up to 10 kW, installed and commissioned by private residential consumers. Any capacity of solar rooftop system equal to or greater than 1 (one) kilowatt DC can be installed irrespective of the sanctioned load of the consumer; however, the subsidy shall be limited to a maximum capacity of 10 kW.
|The capacity of Solar Panel system||Subsidy Rate|
|Up to 3 KW||40% on the final cost|
|From 3 KW to 10 KW||20% on the final cost|
- The solar system is installed within the premises of the service connection, either on the roof or on the ground.
- The solar system is of the ownership of the consumer.
- The premises of the solar installation is of the ownership of the consumer of the DISCOM or is in the legal possession of the consumer.
- Solar cells and solar modules deployed in the solar rooftop system shall be manufactured in India. i.e. Solar cells and/or Modules of Non-Indian Origin shall not be eligible for subsidy under this scheme.
- Only new plant and machinery shall be allowed for installation and shall not be shifted anywhere else.
Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) shall be the nodal agency for this scheme, and the implementation of the scheme and the subsidy disbursement shall be got done through all the DISCOMs in the state.
The applicant shall not be allowed to get any other benefit from any other scheme of the Central Government, for the same investment, and if found to have taken benefit from any other scheme of the Government, the amount of subsidy shall be recovered forthwith.
Any Industrial, Commercial and other consumers or Government and Semi-Government Organizations will not be eligible for this subsidy. Implementation of this Scheme shall be done under the administrative control of the Energy & Petrochemicals Department, Government of Gujarat.
|Kilowatt||Rate||Total Rate||40% Subsidy||20%Subsidy||Total Subsidy||Amount to Be paid|
|1 KW||₹ 46,827||₹ 46,827||₹ 18,731||₹ 0||₹ 18,731||₹ 28,096|
|2 KW||₹ 46,555||₹ 93,110||₹ 37,244||₹ 0||₹ 37,244||₹ 55,866|
|3 KW||₹ 46,337||₹ 1,39,011||₹ 55,604||₹ 0||₹ 55,604||₹ 83,407|
|4 KW||₹ 45,738||₹ 1,82,952||₹ 54,886||₹ 9,148||₹ 64,033||₹ 1,18,919|
|5 KW||₹ 45,030||₹ 2,25,150||₹ 54,036||₹ 18,012||₹ 72,048||₹ 1,53,102|
|6 KW||₹ 44,006||₹ 2,64,036||₹ 52,807||₹ 26,404||₹ 79,211||₹ 1,84,825|
|7 KW||₹ 44,006||₹ 3,08,042||₹ 52,807||₹ 35,205||₹ 88,012||₹ 2,20,030|
|8 KW||₹ 44,006||₹ 3,52,048||₹ 52,807||₹ 44,006||₹ 96,813||₹ 2,55,235|
|9 KW||₹ 44,006||₹ 3,96,054||₹ 52,807||₹ 52,807||₹ 1,05,614||₹ 2,90,440|
|10 KW||₹ 43,005||₹ 4,30,050||₹ 51,606||₹ 60,207||₹ 1,11,813||₹ 3,18,237|
Important Link :
Subsidy shall be released by GEDA directly to the empanelled vendors on submission of the following documents:-
- Certificate of users that he /she has made payment for the subsidized cost of solar system and authorized GEDA.
- Solar system commissioning report which is to be signed by empaneled vendor, beneficiary & DISCOM officer.
- Joint installation report providing necessary details of solar system installed at site which needs to be signed by beneficiary and empaneled vendor.
Also Read : Ayushman Bharat Yojana List 2021
- Certificate for charging permission by CEI in case solar system is more than 10 kW capacity or certificate of electrical supervisor or contractor in case system is less than 10KW capacity.