Read Along (formerly Bolo) is a free and fun speech-based reading tutor app designed for children aged 5 and above.
It helps them improve their reading skills in English and many other languages (Hindi, Bangla, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Spanish & Portuguese) by encouraging them to read aloud interesting stories and collect stars and badges together with “Diya”, the friendly in-app assistant.
Diya listens to children when they read and offers real-time positive feedback when they read well and helps them out when they get stuck – even when offline & without data!
- Works Offline: Once downloaded, it works offline, so it does not use any data.
- Safe: Since the app is made for children, there are no ads, and all sensitive information stays only on the device.
- Free: The app is completely free to use and has a vast library of books with different reading levels from Pratham Books, Katha Kids & Chhota Bheem, with new books added regularly.
- Games: Educational games within the app, make the learning experience fun.
- In-App Reading Assistant: Diya, the in-app reading assistant helps children read out loud and provides positive reinforcement when they read correctly, and helps wherever they get stuck.
- Multi-Child Profile: Multiple children can use the same app and create their individual profiles to track their own progress.
- Personalized: The app recommends the right level of difficulty books to each child depending on their reading level.
Languages available :
With Read Along, children can a variety of fun and engaging stories in different languages including:
- Hindi (हिंदी)
- Bangla (বাংলা)
- Urdu (اردو)
- Telugu (తెలుగు)
- Marathi (मराठी)
- Tamil (தமிழ்)
- Spanish (Español)
- Portuguese (Português)
With just 10 minutes of fun & practice every day, inspire your child to become a reading star for life!