Under the UJALA scheme, the idea of 20 watt LED tubelight as well as 5 star standard power consumption reducing wings has been started. A 20 watt LED tubelight consumes half as much electricity as a normal tubelight and this new energy saving tubelight has a market price of Rs. 500 to Rs.
Eligibility for Receiving LED Bulbs:
- LED bulbs will be provided to any customer who has got a meter connection from any power distribution company at a discount of 50% above the market price.
- The Ujala scheme also provides facility to pay the price of bulbs in monthly installments.
States where UJALA scheme is implemented:
The UJALA scheme has been implemented all over India. Cells selling LED bulbs at a discounted rate have been placed on the sales system website.
- Last filled electricity bill and photocopy of it.
- Own photo ID
- Certificate of Proof of Residence – which must be the address indicated on the electricity bill.
- Details of the amount paid and the amount to be paid in arrears if the price of the bulb cannot be paid at the time of purchase – which will be added weekly to the electricity bill.
Note: Proof of residency is not required if the LED bulb is to be purchased with cash.
Number of bulbs provided per family:
The customer will be able to buy a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 10 light bulbs. Studies show that a family needs five to six bulbs.
How the UJALA scheme works:
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited will distribute incandescent bulbs to customers at 40% of the market price.
- Capital investment required for the scheme is EESL. Will.
- The energy actually saved in five years will be paid to EESL by Discom free of cost.
- The scheme will not require any subsidy from the Government of India.
- The scheme will have no effect on electricity rates.
About defective or blown LED bulbs:
LED bulbs that last for four to five hours every day have a lifespan of more than 15 years and are unlikely to blow up. However, if the bulb blows out less than three years after purchase, the EESL The bulbs can be replaced free of cost, the details of which will be announced after the distribution of the bulbs is completed.
Defective LED bulbs can be replaced at any of the outlets in the city while the bulbs are on sale. The light bulb purchased from any of the two centers will be replaced by any other center.
2 thoughts on “Pradhan Mantri UJALA Yojana Gujarat”