Driving Licence Online Apply Online | Check Driving Licence Application Status Online | Driving Licence – Eligibility Criteria
Driving Licence Gujarat (DL) in Gujarat is a pretty easy job, provided you are well aware of the procedure that you need to go through. The driving license is a mandatory document is to be carried by anyone using a motor vehicle on public roads of Gujarat. In this post, we give you a guide on how to obtain a driving licence in Gujarat, other than also telling you how to get an international driving permit and the process of renewing the driving license in Gujarat.
Types of Driving Licence Gujarat
As is the case in every other state of India, in Gujarat, you need to apply for a category of driving licence as per the type of vehicle you intend to use. Following are the three categories to choose from-
- Driving license for two-wheeler without gear: If you wish to ride a motorcycle or a scooter that doesn’t have a manual operation of gear, you need to apply for this kind of DL.
- Driving license for light motor vehicles: This is the category of driving license you should apply for if plan to ride a two-wheeler with gears or a light motor vehicle such as cars, SUVs or MPVs.
- Driving license issued for transport vehicles: In case you wish to drive heavy motor vehicles that transport goods or passengers, you need to get this kind of DL
Gujarat (GJ) Driving Licence (DL) – Eligibility Criteria
To apply for a driving licence, one needs to meet the following criteria-
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a learner’s license
- Must submit an application for obtaining a permanent driving license only after 30 days or within 180 days of obtaining a learner’s license.
- Must know of all the traffic rules
- Must be a minimum of 20 years old if applying for a commercial driving license.
Also Read : How to Download e-Aadhaar Card
Documents Required for Driving Licence in Gujarat
For applying for a DL in Gujarat, one is required to submit a self-attested copy of the below documents to the RTO
Any one of the following Age proofs-
- Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
- Certificate issued from the employer if you are working for state/ central government or a local body.
Any one of the following Address proofs
- Ration card
- Voter’s ID
- LIC policy bond
- Employers certificate issued by local/central or state government
- Application form 4
- Application form 5 in case of applying for a commercial driving license
- Original learner’s license
- Three passport size photographs
Also Read : Gujarat All Bus depot Help Line Numbers
How to Apply for Driving Licence Offline in Gujarat?
To apply for a permanent driving license offline in Gujarat, you have to follow the below steps-
- Step 1: Visit the nearest RTO and obtain an application form
- Step 2: The above application form can be also downloaded from the official website and the printed copy needs to be submitted at the RTO.
- Step 3: Fill the following details:
- Full Name
- Father’s Name
- Residential Address
- Educational Qualification
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Blood Group
- Identification Mark
- Step 4: Submit address proof, age proof and passport-size photos.
- Step 5: You will get an appointment for the first round of the test where your knowledge of traffic rules will be tested.
- Step 6: After passing the test, a learner’s license will be issued. One is required to apply for a permanent driving licence after a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 180 days.
Also Read : How to get online e-Pan card Free
How to Apply for Driving Licence Online in Gujarat?
In order to obtain a permanent driving licence online in Gujarat, the following steps need to be followed-
- Step1: Go to rtogujarat.gov.in and download the application form and print it
- Step 2: Submit the filled form at the RTO nearest to your residence
- Step 3: Submit all the above-mentioned documents
- Step 4: You will get a slot for the driving test
- Step 5: On passing the test, you will obtain your license in 2 to 3 weeks
Steps to Check Driving Licence Application Status Online:
Steps to check driving licence status online through State Transport Department website:
One can check the status of his or her driving licence application online through any of the following two methods. First is to find out the status on the State Transport’s official website. Else, one can find out the status of his or her driving license application on the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway. The same can be done through the following steps-
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Transport Department of Gujarat
- Step 2: Click on ‘DL and LL registration’ option.
- Step 3: A new page will load, in which, click on ‘Know your application status’.
- Step 4: Enter your application number
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button and you will be shown the status of your application.
Steps to check driving licence status online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website:
- Step 1: Visit parivahan.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Driving license-related services’.
- Step 3: Select the state you reside in.
- Step 4: On the new page that loads, click on ‘Verify status’ option
- Step 5: Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Step 6: Fill in the correct captcha code.
- Step 7: You will be shown the status of your driving license.
How to Renew Driving Licence in Gujarat?
It may be noted here that the driving licence for a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier. After that, the License is renewed every 5 years. Transport Vehicle License is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.
Documents required for renewal of driving license in GJ
- Filled application form 9
- A copy of the expired driver’s licence.
- Medical certificate and Form 1 A if the driver’s age is more than 40 years
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Self-attested copies of age proof and address proof.
- Application fee of Rs.200/- and receipt.
Driving Test Procedure in Gujarat:
In Gujarat, a Motor Vehicle Inspector overlooks the driving tests conducted for providing a permanent driving licence. Regardless of whether you have applied for a DL online or offline, you are needed to visit the RTO to give a test. One is required to have his own vehicle that should be of the same category as the one for which one needs to obtain a driving licence. In case one doesn’t have the required vehicle, he or she can bring along a motor vehicle from the driving school
Test for Two-Wheeler & Three-Wheeler
The applicant for a DL for two-wheeler or three-wheeler has to ride his or her vehicle within a given border and make ‘Eight’ figure without touching the poles embedded at the corners. The inspector will even analyse how comfortably the applicant can change gears, control vehicle in corners or reversing, and during the making of ‘figure of eight’ without the feet touching the ground. In case the applicant is successful in satisfying the inspector, he is given an approval for a road test where he or she should ride properly for some distance on a public road.
Test for Four Wheeler
Driving test for four-wheeler is mostly similar in nature to that of two or three-wheeler. However, in this case, the applicant is required to drive along the marked ‘H’ without touching the columns. Once the applicant has satisfied the inspected with his driving skills, he or she is required to drive properly for some distance on a public road. In case a candidate fails in either of the tests, a re-test is conducted within 7 days and a nominal fee is charged.